Sunday, November 28, 2004

Scuba Diving

So I've been on the East Coast of Australia now for not quite a week, but we've done so much it seems so much longer than that.

Since we were in Cairns (when I say we, I refer to my brother, Kevin, and myself) we had to go out to the Great Barrier Reef. There are so many companies and boats that can take you out there it is important to do your research so you get the one that you want. We opted for paying a little more cash to get a smaller boat and go to the outer reef. The weather was poor, windy and rainy, which didn't really matter since we were under and on the water anyways. Diving was a neat experience, so much different than snorkeling since you are right there among the coral and fish, instead of looking down from above. There was this one fish that I can't remember what it was called, but it was about 5-6ft long and 3 ft high. It came up to some people, such as Kevin, and he petted it. The dive itself lasted for about 30 minutes and we went down 10 meters. I could see myself doing more scuba diving if I lived in a place where the water is warm and there's cool stuff to see in the water.

The boat ride back from the 2nd dive site (we dove at the first one and snorkeled at both dive sites) was interesting as it was quite choppy and windy, not good for one girl on the boat who was feeling ill, but entertaining for us who weren't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home