Saturday, April 30, 2005

Beats a poke in the eye

What's new? Let's see. I was playing basketball like usual on Thursday night when as I was driving into the key some guy jabbed his finger into my eye. That did not feel good. The only way I can explain how it felt was - it felt like I got poked in the eye. Fortunately the finger only hit the sclera, not the iris or the cornea, but it still didn't feel good. That night I had a big pink spot on my eye and then when I got up the next day it was bright red, looking kind of like a flame coming from my eye. I might put some pictures up later. Anyways the doctor said it was fine and that it would take two weeks to get back to normal, and the red would slowly go away and it would turn yellow than brown. Did you know that in the U.S. basketball players sustain the most eye injuries in sports?

What else is new? I went camping to Manning park this week which was great. The weather was perfectly sunny - although a little cold in the evenings and mornings, this would be expected since there was still snow on the ground in some places. The best part was that the park was virtually empty the entire time we were there. There were only two other people camping and they were far enough away we couldn't hear or see them. It was so quite at times you could hear the snow melting.

1 Comments:

At 1:58 AM, Blogger Arnold said...

Man, I can't wait to go camping. It's great when there's no one around. You really do feel like you're in nature instead of hearing motor boats and kids screaming.

Peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home