Thursday, December 23, 2004

Oz Pictures

Here are some of my favourite pictures from Australia.

These two are from the Great Ocean Road at a place called the Twelve Apostles.


If you're in Australia you have to see kangaroos.

There are birds like this all over the place in Queensland. Some of them are quite annonying at night if there are large multitudes of them in the palm trees while you are trying to sleep in a playground outside since there was nowhere else in the town to sleep.

Let me tell you about pelicans. They are a lot bigger than I imagined, so I wanted a picture of how big this one was so I went and squatted down beside it so Kevin could take a picture. But this pelican was hungry or annoyed or something and while I was looking at the camera the pelican decided to take a bite of my arm. It was quite a surprise and fortunately my brother caught it on film. I think this is probably one of my favourite pictures of my trip.

On a small place called Magnetic Island, we hired some scooters and explored the island.

This is one of the nicest beaches I have ever seen. The sand is almost pure white and super fine, with crystal clear water. The only negative is that we couldn't swim due to warnings and fear about dying from a jellyfish sting.

This is a non agressive nurse shark. If this is what the non agressive sharks look like I never want to see a tiger or great white shark.

When we were hiking in this national park, these fat lizards about 1 foot long were rustling in the dry leaves all the time, making us think they were snakes.

This is Purling Brook Falls, about a 109meter drop or so. I would say that this is one of my favourite waterfalls due to the size of it, the rainforest setting and the fact that you can walk over the top of it before it drops and you can walk behind it at the bottom. You can see how big it is by looking at the white spot beside it which is my brother.

A place by Byron Bay, the beach was only 2 min walk from where we were staying. The surf was good for a day.

Wild cockatoos in Sydney.

The Sydney Opera House.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home