Monday, February 07, 2005

I think we're being followed...

With the lack of snow on the North Shore Mountains I decided to take advantage of it and go for a hike this weekend. It turned out to be an amazing day with the sun shining and fresh snow on the mountains above an elevation of about 900m. My friend Kristin joined me and we went up Lynn Peak. It was a good hike for the beginning of the year, 700m elevation gain in 3.5 km, a nice confirmation that I am still in decent shape. The hike itself is rather unimpressive, but the 2-3cm of fresh snow near the top made it nice. An amusing part of the hike was the group of 40 or so Korean hikers at the top. After Kristin and I checked out the view we decided to go find somewhere less busy for lunch, but as we left the whole group of Koreans started following us. I noticed that we were going on a different path than the one that we came up and that the Koreans were following us so we went off the trail into this little clearing area to let the Koreans go by us, but they followed us off the trail too. Kristin was wondering if all of them were going to come of the trail into the same place we were. But, once we stopped, I think they realized that we weren't going down the mountain and stopped following us. So we ate lunch while the 40 tried to find the correct path down the hill. I was quite impressed with them, they had walkie talkies to keep track of everyone, and they all had good equipment. Anyways they found the way down the mountain after about ten minutes. So now that I wrote that it doesn't actually seem as funny as it was at the time.

1 Comments:

At 2:38 AM, Blogger Arnold said...

That's hilarious man. You should have asked them for some noodles. I remember a bunch of us from my old Korean church went on a hike up Garabaldi and had some at the top.

Peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home