Thursday, December 07, 2006

Ditch work, lets ski

I was watching a video on Jack Johnson the other day, and he was talking about how he was working on his latest album and his brother called him to tell him that the surf was great and that he needed to get out in the lineup. I was wishing that we had a surf beach here that I could just head to whenever the surf was good. We do have mountains to ski though... Tuesday my brother emailed me while I was at work telling me that skiing was free at Grouse on Wednesday, and if I wanted to go. So I got to work early on Wednesday and told me supervisor I was leaving at 2pm to go skiing. I realized that this was probably as close as I will get to truly ditching work to do something I much rather be doing. 2pm arrived and we were on our way to Grouse. The conditions were not the greatest as it was +5 on the mountain, but they weren't that bad either. It was a perfect day to ski grouse since the visibility was unlimited and we could see all the way to the island and up the valley. Surprisingly there were not that many people out on the mountain. The longest we had to wait in line for the lift was probably 10 minutes, and that was at the beginner chair. The other lift we only had to wait about 1 minute each time.

What a great way to start off the ski season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home