Sunday, October 22, 2006

Ich bin in Hamburg

I had good intentions of writing this in Hamburg, but there were some problems back at the office that I had to deal with, plus I had to go out and enjoy the German food, so instead it gets written now.

I quite enjoyed my week in Hamburg. It was nice to have a change and be out of the office and live in a different city for a week. Standing around all day at the tradeshow talking to people about our products was kind of fun. Here's a photo of the booth.



The tradeshow was one of the largest in the world for shipbuilding and the marine industry. I think there were around 1500 exhibitors and an estimated 40,000 visitors. I took an hour to do a quick walk around the various halls and look at some of the booths. Most of the stuff I didn't really know anything about, but I took photos of pistons the size of my car engine and horns that were as big as a dining room table.



The evenings after the show I usually had free time, so I explored the city - Hamburg was nice with its canals, cafes and cobblestones. I noticed that there were very few people I would consider overweight here - a lot different than in Canada. I got used to eating dinner at 8pm, and enjoyed schnitzels, bratwursts, beer, some pheasant and of course desserts. Someone once told me that Germany is the land of desserts, and each one that I had certainly was good.



That's it from Hamburg. My next post should be from Greece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home