Wednesday, July 13, 2005

ClubTread

I joined a hiking club here in SouthWest BC, and now there should be no shortage of people to go hiking with. I've gone on two hikes with people from there so far. The first time it was rainy and cloudy and there were 13 of us. Unfortunately we were socked in by the clouds so we decided against going to the summit, and since the trail was overgrown. The second hike there were only four of us, which is a better number, and we hiked up Mt. Rexford in Chilliwack. The weather was ok, but it would have been nice to have clear weather to see the views. We were teased all day by the clouds moving in and out, and we never did see the summit of Mt. Slesse across the valley.

To get to a lot of these hikes out in Chilliwack you need a vehicle with a fair amount of clearance and also 4WD. It makes me want to get a Landcruiser or Land Rover even more.

3 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger S. said...

Hey Aaron, I saw this and thought of you: http://www.cookingforengineers.com/

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

interesting...I'll have to look it over in more detail when I have more time, or need a new recipe.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Mindy said...

Ohh...I want to go hiking in BC!! I walked over a bit of a hill here in Sask the other day...that was kind of exciting :) But seriously, that's cool that you joined a hiking club, I would love that! You should hike Chiam (sp?) in chilliwack if you haven't yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home