Saturday, October 30, 2004

Bula!

I'm here in Fiji and enjoying it quite a bit. Its quite relaxing and everything runs on Fiji Time - which means don't rush things, they'll happen when they happen.

The first five days were great just taking it easy on the beach, lying in a hammock between two palm trees as the crystal clear water lapped at the shore. The only bad thing was that it is a coral beach so you can't really walk in the water all that much unless you have Fijian feet. Those guys walk on everything, its quite amazing. I hiked across the island I was staying on and I took a guide and he was walking over rocks and old lava, roots, dirt, everything. Even going down hill - which was quite steep, he did fine. His feet were kind of deformed though.

I went snorkeling a few times and saw a huge variety of fish, plus the water is super clear so you can see at least 80ft I would say. The weather has been good on my time spent on Waya Sewa Island, the breeze was nice to keep it a decent temperature. I'm currently in Suva and it is more humid here and not much of a breeze. I'm going to put up a few posts in a row relating some stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home