Saturday, October 16, 2004

Convocation

I would like to update this thing everyweek, but nothing really has gone on that I would write about. Well I did convocate from SFU last Friday, which was exciting since now I'm officially an electronics engineer. Nothing out of the ordinary happened - unlike last fall. I was writing a midterm for Physics (on the 5th floor of the AQ right above the pond), I sat by the window so that when I got bored or tired I could look out the window and watch the clouds pass through the AQ. Well I'm writing away, I hear the bagpipes play which meant the procession of graduates was underway. Then a few minutes later I hear a "AHHHHHHHHH!" Since I'm writing a midterm I can't get out of my seat and see what happened. Later on I found out that a girl fell into the pond as the procession walked over the bridge. That sucked for her. We didn't get to walk over the bridge since it was raining. That was a disappointment since I wanted to walk through the AQ over the pond and then down the stairs in to the Convo Mall.

I leave in 5 days. I think I have everything taken care of - except my first night accommodation in Fiji which I am waiting for an email reply that hopefully says they booked the room for me.

2 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger S. said...

Oh Aaron! If I knew you were convocating I would have waited till until 'R' to see you! I was up on campus that day. Well, congratulations anyway :)

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger littlemisskool said...

i'm glad i never held on to the assumption that i was ever "in the loop", because stefanie just e-mailed me and (unintentionally) informed me that i am in fact completely oblivious to the cyber-goings-on of 99% of my ccc friends. granted, most of her links that i clicked on have only been online for a month or so but *shoot* am i ever gonna live life without a reading list? now that everyone has a blog i think not. anyway aaron i heard thru the grapevine that you're about to spend the next year as a tourist (the title of which i argue is something we in particular will spend a lifetime holding)... so boa viagem (bon voyage in portuguese) you lucky duck, i'm totally jealous and dying to travel. alas, being stuck in the Institution doesn't really help. keep up the blogging during your travels, electronics engineer, cos i will be living vicariously thru you (as creepy as that sounds...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home